Monday 28 December 2009

The Wonders of Music

Perhaps not the most astounding revelation, but music is a truly amazing thing. It can transform a mood like nothing else. And there's always the perfect song to fit a particular mood.

Over the holidays, I regret I have been suffering from the "Christmas Blues", if there is such a thing. Luckily, one of my presents this year happened to be an ipod docking system, so I've had the opportunity to listen to a lot of music over the past few days. I've created various playlists on my ipod to fit any particular humour I might be in. So there's a 'Happy' playlist, a 'Chillout' playlist, an 'Angry' playlist...you get the idea. And it's terrific! Music evokes such powerful emotions.

Listening to an 'angry' song, for example, is a great way for me to release frustration. I guess a particular favourite for me would be 'I F**king Hate You' by Godsmack. I just completely let loose while listening to that song and by the end of the track, I will generally feel an awful lot calmer.

Often I need a song to fit the mood that I am in to be able to escape from that state. Listening to a happy song when I'm annoyed or irritated, will often only increase the bad mood. An angry song when I'm angry acts as a release and a happy song when happy makes me exuberant!

So I thought I'd list some of my favourite mood songs and I would love to hear about yours. What have your experiences been with music and its effect upon your moods?

Angry:
'I F**king Hate You' by Godsmack


There are far too many to list and I could go on for ages. But this is just a little tribute; a tribute to the wonders of music and the impact they have upon myself and no doubt many others out there. Thank you music!

No comments:

Post a Comment